Unified Communications: The Evolution of VoIP
An Evolution in Business Communications
The introduction of VoIP brought two major developments to business phone services: it added new functionality to private networks, and it allowed businesses to combine voice and data traffic onto one network.
As VoIP-based PBX technology began to spread, many organizations realized that although the consolidation of voice and data networks saved networking costs, it was still expensive to manage and maintain business phone networks. Phone systems still required separate hardware and software, and businesses with multiple locations still needed to have a separate VoIP PBX in every location.
One solution was to move VoIP services to the Internet. This allowed customers to serve multiple locations from a virtual phone system, but the services suffered from quality issues because they used the public Internet.
Despite the quality issues, customers enjoyed the ability to host their phone network online, and demand for hosted services began to grow. This growth in demand, along with explosion of cloud-based computing in 2010, resulted in the development of Unified Communications.
Why Choose Eastlink Unified Communications
Unified Communications combines the versatility of VoIP with the security and flexibility of hosted services. It provides carrier-level voice quality with a level of flexibility previously unheard of in business phone services. UC reduces the cost and complexity of voice systems, makes the integration of remote offices seamless, and adds a level of call management a generation beyond the capabilities of PBX.
- Eastlink uses its own fibre-optic network infrastructure to deliver Unified Communications right to your premises.
- We provide a highly reliable level of service to ensure carrier grade call quality.
- Our deep expertise in the areas of networking ensures that we deliver high-value solutions that scale as your business grows.
- Our implementation team will work with you every step of the way, from pre-install planning to post-install testing, to ensure your service meets your needs.
- We’ll provide training on the apps, functions, and features of your new UC service.